Title 22, §87415
The Licensee must designate the following number of people to assist in caring for residents in the event of an emergency between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am:
- For facilities with 16 or fewer residents, one employee must be on the premise but need not be awake.
- For facilities with 16 to 100 residents, a total of two employees must be available. At least one person shall be on the premises and awake. Another employee shall be on call, and be capable of responding within 10 minutes.
- For facilities with 101 to 200, a total of three employees must be available. One employee must be on the premise and awake. Another employee on the premise but on call. And still another, on call and capable of responding within 10 minutes.
- For every additional 100 residents (or fraction thereof), an additional employee must be on the premise and awake.
- In facilities that require a signal system (Title 22, §87303), at least one employee must be located to enable an immediate response to the signal. If the signal system is visual only, this employee must be awake.