Insurance: Fire

By Title 22, RCFEs are not required to carry any type of insurance either as a condition to being licensed, or after licensure. Facilities have 100% discretion as to whether they carry any type of insurance: liability, fire, auto or theft protection for resident's property. 

Property owners having mortgages on their property are generally required by their lender to carry Risk of Loss coverage for Fire, earthquake, flood and other acts of God.  The consumer is encouraged to ask to see proof of current policy coverage if you concerns about the risks the facility owner is insured against.