Insurance: Automobile

By Title 22, Licensees are not required to carry any type of insurance (liability, fire, theft, auto, or other) to be licensed RCFE in the state of California.  As a matter of good business practice, many do, but there is no state mandated requirement for a Licensee to carry any type of insurance coverage.

If the Licensee will be taking your resident to appointments (doctor, dentist, church) in the Licensee's personal or business automobile, a prudent consumer will ask for evidence of current automobile coverage.  Proof of Insurance certificates provided by the insurer to the driver - these cards are required to be kept in the vehicle itself.