Title 22, §87101(c)(3): "Care and supervision" means those activities which if provided shall require the facility to be licensed. It includes assistance as needed with activities of daily living and the assumption of varying degrees of responsibility for the safety and well-being of residents. "Care and Supervision" shall include, but not be limited to, any one or more of the following activities provided by a person or facility to meet the needs of the resident:
- Assistance in dressing, grooming, bathing and other personal hygiene;
- Assistance with taking medication, as specified in regulation §87465;
- Central storing and distribution of medications;
- Arrangement of and assistance with medical and dental care. (This may include transportation.);
- Maintenance of house rules for the protection of residents;
- Supervision of resident schedules and activities;
- Maintenance and supervision of resident monies or property;
- Monitoring food intake or special diets."
A licensed facility is responsible for ensuring "care and supervision" is available/provided to all residents at all times.